“The summer plus program” was created for young international students who are looking for more than just an English program. This exciting experience allows students to supplement their learning by selecting a complementary plus program in Sports, Fashion, Broadway, Film, or Leadership!
Combined with a challenging English program, fabulous activities and excursions, the Summer plus program! is the springboard to an unforgettable summer in New York!
The program includes :
- 10 lessons of Rennert's high-quality General English classes per week (speaking,listening,reading and writing)
- 10 lessons per week in a Plus! elective (Film and Multimedia Studies, Broadway and Performance Arts, Fashion,College Bound, American Sports, or Marine Environment)
- Full schedule of exciting, unique and engaging staff-led afternoon and evening activities
- Comfortable accommodations with 24/7 supervision
- Three meals per day Mondays to Fridays, two meals per day on weekends
- 1 full and 5 half-day excursions per week
- 24/7 security on a university campus
- Certificate of course completion
Time table :
Class hours are 9:00 AM – 11 h 30 AM
Electives:11:45 AM to 1:20 PM, Mondays to Fridays
Workshops and/or field trips — 1 afternoon and/or evening per week
07:30 – 08:45: Breakfast
09:00 – 11:30: English classes
11:30 – 11:45: break
11:45 – 13:20: plus! elective class
13:30 – 14:30: Lunch
14:30 – 18:00: Afternoon activity or plus! workshop/fieldtrip
18:00 – 19:00: Dinner
19:00 – 22:00: Evening activity / Study room
22:00 Nightly meeting – DO NOT BE LATE! You need to know what will happen tomorrow!
22:30: Room check – No one outside of their suites after 10:30pmGoodnight, Sleep well!!!
Accommodation and supervision :
All residence halls are supervised by Rennert Resident Advisors (RAs) who live on each floor at a ratio of 15 students to 1 RA. Students are assigned to RAs by gender and floor. Additionally, all activities, entrances and exits are monitored by Rennert staff 24 hours a day. Safety is very important to us!
Additional information :
All participants are required to submit individual proof of health and travel insurance before they can be accepted into the program.
Housing security deposit is required from every student through a credit card authorization. This deposit covers any damages directly caused by the student to campus facilities. A full, partial or no refund will be processed within 10 business days after departure depending on level of damage or lack thereof.
Pocket money :
Students do not need money for anything other than souvenirs they may buy, and lunch on Saturday and Sunday. We would say $100 per week is more than enough, unless they want to buy clothes or a lot of gifts.
English + Fashion junior Fashion, Art & Design 20 lessons per week (18:20 hours)
If you have a passion for fashion, Art & Design, learn more about one of the world’s leading cities for fashion.
Class topics include:
- The Emergence and Succes of Famous New York Designers
- Celebrity Styling
- Visual Merchandising
- Inside the Minds of Designers
- Culture and Fashion
Workshops and field trips include:
- Showroom of New York Designers
- Musuem of Fashion
- Department Store: Behind the Scenes Tour
- Merchandizing Workshop
The next season rates would be effective from the 1st of October