What is STEM Experience?
STEM Experience can be taken in addition to the main Bucksmore Summer English language course.
Students on this programme share English lessons with students on Bucksmore Summer, and also take part in the same excursions and activities.
For 3.75 hours over 2 afternoons per week, students take part in group project work, introducing new areas in:
Students are introduced to the STEM subject areas through fun, educational and practical workshops designed to stimulate their interest in the long term. Workshops are run by experts and include themes such as aircraft and boat design, rocketry, jet propulsion, and mechanical arms.
• 15 hours of English tuition per week
• 7.5 hours of STEM options
• Maximum class size of 11 students for all English classes
• Fully-equipped modern computer lab
• 2 full-day excursions and 1 half-day excursion per week
• Full afternoon and evening activity programme on non-excursion days.
- Staff on site 24/7
- High staff to student ratios 1:7
- Security entry codes for male/female living accommodations
- Travel Documents and money kept and secured places
- Damage and Key deposit: 20GBP.
Students will be reimbursed once their key has been handed in to the center manager and there has been no damage to their room or college facilities.
- Well balanced nutritious meals
- Full schedule of activities so that students never get bored
- Mixed nationality seating plans at all meal times.
From wake up until bed time, our staff monitor our students' progress, integration with their fellow students and well-being, making sure they are settled in, making new friends, and speaking English.